I used hypnobirthing and hypnobirthing techniques for the birth of my daughter and beyond. I visited Paola Bagnell and I then trained with Paola in hypnobirthing as I felt so passionately about her methodology and approach called Inner Power Hypnobirthing.
Hypnobirthing means the use of hypnosis for childbirth. Hypnosis is a state of heightened relaxation and altered awareness. In hypnosis, you are totally aware of what is going on around you and you are in total control.
Women are constantly bombarded with negative stories about childbirth and therefore we can become anxious, worried and lose our self confidence. I want all women to have an enjoyable pregnancy and the birth that is right for them using hypnobirthing.
I used hypnobirthing during my pregnancy and beyond it was amazing it made everything seem easier and enjoyable, I was confident and in control of my body. It enabled me to have the best birth possible for me and to remain calm and in control
― Helen Gormley
As with other treatments I offer hypnobirthing is the use of hypnosis to allow you to tap into your inner resources to create feelings of well-being. Hypnosis and hypnobirthing helps you:
- Feel far more in control of what is happening to stay calm, relaxed and confident
- Put things into true perspective and feel able to cope
- To stay focused on the process that your body is going through, be in tune with what your body and intuition are saying to you
- Be healthy, sleep well and have a greater sense of wellbeing
- To heal quickly, well and recover faster
- To be calm, relaxed and confident as a mother
- The hypnobirthing programme is for pregnancy, birth and beyond
The hypnobirthing childbirth method is a philosophy and technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing and stress free birth. Where you learn to use own body’s natural epidural this, as I found this approach eliminated the need for medication. Therefore, your body and your baby work together in the most natural way possible.
As an expectant couple you learn skills that go beyond the birth of your child they are for life and not just for pregnancy and birth.
The hypnobirthing programme requires a minimum of 2 sessions, preferably three. Click here to find out more about hypnobirthing.