About Helen Gormley
I’m Helen Gormley, Dip CBH, Dip SMRB, BSc(Hons), MEd, MA(Ed), PGTC, MAC, MCIM, GHR (Reg), GHQP, MNCH (Reg), CHFP, FRSA, REBHP.
I want to motivate all to live fulfilled, enterprising and exciting lives with passion, energy, empathy and a greater curiosity for life and learning.
I have been studying and enjoying psychology for over thirty years, gosh how time flies when you are having fun! It started with 'A’ Level Psychology which gave me a positive insight and it kick started me on a continuing journey of discovery.
I have over twenty five years experience in education and industry as a teacher, assessor, verifier, researcher, trainer, project manager, director, coach, hypnotherapist, NLP coach and consultant. I have made a particular speciality of partnership working where diverse groups of professionals are required to function together to provide more cohesive services. All of this has helped me to develop my ‘no story, no obstacle’ maxim as a coach. True collaboration is one of my many passions which enables me to bring my energy and excitement in seeing people connect and make things happen through energy, trust and a common purpose.
My training includes: coaching, cognitive behavioural therapy and hypnotherapy, psychology, NLP, EFT, Mindfulness and I have also trained, at the UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy, in a model basis on modern psychological approaches to hypnosis and particularly integrates CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) with hypnotherapy in a model called Hypno-CBT. I am also a certified Hypnodieting Consultant.
Professional Qualifications (include):
- MEd Practitioner Research
- MA Educational Management
- CIM Postgraduate Diploma
- BSc (Hons) Business Management and Psychology
- PGTC Secondary Education
- Stillpoint Impact for Change Coaching Programme
- CTI Coactive Coaching fundamentals Programme
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Certified Hypnodieting Consultant
- NLP Practitioner, NLP Practitioner of Hypnosis, NLP Coach, Time Line Therapy Practitioner
- Mindfulness Practitioner
- Reiki Practitioner
- EFT Practitioner
- MTQ48 Licensed User
- Hypnobirthing Consultant
- Certified Hypnotension™ Practitioner
- Certified Hypnotic Fertility Practitioner
- Diploma in Stress Management and Resilience Building (Dip SMRB)
Membership of Professional Associations:
- Fellow of the Institute for Learning
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Member of the Association for Coaching
- Member of the General Hypnotherapy Register
- Member of the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council
- Member of The National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- Licentiate Member of the Register of Evidence-Based Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy
- Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry
I have professional indemnity insurance and a cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy supervisor. I am constantly keeping up-to-date through CPD in terms of training, research, reading and networking.
Enhanced DBS check
Registered PruHealth Provider
Lastly from me, when I became a parent and now with a young daughter I particularly found firstly hypnobirthing amazing and I had a natural water birth (no pain relief!) and then mindfulness has been something I have practiced for many years and I now meditate regularly with my six year old daughter.